Level Nine Sports
 

 advertise with indeep media

CHINA! Authorities Arrest Hundreds Over RAT MEAT Scam

Posted: May 5th, 2013 | Author: | Filed under: CRIME! | Tags: , , , | Comments Off on CHINA! Authorities Arrest Hundreds Over RAT MEAT Scam

CHINAChinese authorities have broken a major crime racket that passed off more than $AU1 million in rat as mutton. Police have arrested 900 suspects since January for selling and producing fake or tainted meat products, the Ministry of Public Security said in a statement.

During the crackdown, police discovered one suspect, surnamed Wei, had used additives to spice up and sell rat, fox and mink meat at markets in Shanghai and Jiangsu province. Despite persistent efforts by police, “food safety crimes are still prominent, and new situations are emerging with new characteristics”.

Food safety and environmental pollution are chronic problems in China and public anxiety over cases of fake or toxic food often spreads quickly. In April, many consumers lost their appetite for poultry as an outbreak of the H7N9 bird flu virus spread in China :: Read the full article »»»»


UPDATE! MORE INDIAN RAPE! Swiss Tourist Raped By Six Indian Men

Posted: March 18th, 2013 | Author: | Filed under: CRIME!, Standout | Tags: , , , , , | Comments Off on UPDATE! MORE INDIAN RAPE! Swiss Tourist Raped By Six Indian Men

MORE INDIAN RAPE

Indian Police say six men have been arrested over the gang-rape of a Swiss tourist in central India, in an incident that has renewed focus on the rampant violence against women in India.

The woman was on a cycling holiday with her husband in the impoverished Madhya Pradesh state when six men attacked the couple on Friday night, sexually assaulting the woman, bashing the man, and robbing the pair. Concern remains high in India over the safety and status of women and girls in the nation of 1.2 billion. According to government statistics, one women is raped in the country every 20 minutes.

The Swiss foreign ministry in Bern released a statement on Saturday expressing deep shock at the “tragic incident”. The attack comes just three months after thousands took to the streets in nationwide protests following the fatal gang-rape of a 23-year-old student on a bus in New Delhi in December last year.In 2003, a 36-year-old female Swiss diplomat was abducted in the car park of a popular New Delhi auditorium, driven away by two men and raped. :: Read the full article »»»»


STANDOUT! Australian Federal Police Break Major Child Abuse Network

Posted: March 15th, 2013 | Author: | Filed under: CRIME! | Tags: , , , , , , | Comments Off on STANDOUT! Australian Federal Police Break Major Child Abuse Network

AFP Cybercrime Unit Cracks Major Australian Paedophile Ring

Australian Federal Police – AFP – say they have smashed a major peer-2-peer network of online child predators, arresting 21 people from around Australia this week.

AFP commenced Operation Conqueror in January, investigating the production, sharing and distribution of child abuse material – video and images –  on the internet.

AFP, state and territory police officers carried out 36 search warrants in every state and territory as part of the operation, and arrested 21 people, with a further 6 still being sought for questioning.

“The material that’s been seized can only be classed as abhorrent and personally disgusting,” AFP Cyber Crimes operations manager Glen McEwan said. “Tackling this heinous crime is a key focus for the AFP.”

Hundreds of thousands of images and videos were seized in the raids, Mr McEwan said that one property raided had 26 hard drives – ranging in size from 500GB-2TB – filled with illegal images and videos.

Mr McEwan called on the community to continue passing on information and assistance in prosecuting crimes against children.  He says as even though technology evolves allowing criminals to change their techniques, it is just a matter of time before online predators will be caught. Mr McEwan said the images seized were both locally and internationally produced :: Read the full article »»»»


Google Maps Gulags

Posted: February 7th, 2013 | Author: | Filed under: Goolge, North Korea, Revolute, Standout | Tags: , , , , | Comments Off on Google Maps Gulags

 


View Larger Map

The internet behemoth that is Google, has rolled out a super detailed map of North Korea, which even labels some of its remote and infamous gulags. Until now North Korea was pretty much a blank canvas to users of Google’s Map Maker, which creates maps from data that is provided by the public :: Read the full article »»»»


Great Firewall of China

Posted: December 29th, 2012 | Author: | Filed under: China, Technoid Computer News | Tags: , , , , , | Comments Off on Great Firewall of China

Technoid - Great Firewall of ChinaChinese internet users who are skilled at evading the country’s online blocks have suddenly found they are again being denied access to some websites. In China, if you want access to forbidden websites including Facebook or Twitter, one of the easiest ways is to use a virtual private network (VPN).

However, in recent days VPNs across China have been either inaccessible or swiftly shut down. Service providers have blamed the outage on an update to the so-called Great Firewall, which the Chinese government uses to control internet access.

They say the upgraded firewall appears to have the ability to discover and block attempts to circumvent online censorship. The block has also hurt some international businesses that use the networks for secure communications. The firewall has been built up since the internet began to develop in China. It uses a range of technologies to block access to particular sites from Chinese computers  :: Read the full article »»»»


A Shameful History! Australia’s Indigenous Deaths In Custody

Posted: September 17th, 2012 | Author: | Filed under: Hard Pill to Swallow, Standout | Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , | Comments Off on A Shameful History! Australia’s Indigenous Deaths In Custody

A Shameful History - Australia's Indigenous Deaths In Custody Kwementyaye Briscoe

In 1987 Australia setup the Royal Commission Into Aboriginal Deaths In Custody – RCIADIC 1987-1991 – The basis for the commision, as it’s title suggests, was in response to a growing public concern that deaths in custody of Aboriginal people were too common and public explanations were too evasive to discount the possibility that foul play was a factor in many of them.

The terms of the commision were broad, a brief outline suggested that between 1980 – 1989, 99 Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders died in the custody of prison, police or juvenile detention institutions. They were 88 males and 11 females. Their average age at death was thirty-two years, Their deaths were premature. The circumstances of their deaths were extremely varied.

There seemed to be no common thread of abuse, neglect or racism that contributed to these 99 deaths. However, an examination of the lives of the victims showed that facts associated in every case with their Aboriginality played a significant and in most cases dominant role in their being in custody and dying in custody. To this day there remains almost a complete lack of understanding, and more importantly no solid prevention regime  to curb this vast waste of life.

Last year – April 2011 to April 2012 – 26,000 Indigenous Australians were taken into protective custody in the Northern Territory, and while this latest death is a tragedy, it is much much more than just a heartbreak for one family. It’s an imposing revelation, a sign of huge social problems that all Australians MUST rally against.

I note with trepidation that the 1934-35 Moseley Royal Commisionwhich looked very briefly at a similarly high proportion of indigenous deaths in custody – had similar findings to that of the 1987 RCIADIC. Of course the Moseley Royal Commision looked into increasing the powers of the Chief Protector of Aborigines, which it indeed did, leaving us with the stolen generation. We must surely be asking ourselves what we’re doing wrong here?

As the Northern Territory Coroner prepares to hand down his findings of the death-in-custody of an Aboriginal man, Kwementyaye Briscoe, in an Alice Springs Police Station, Australians must surely be asking what are we doing wrong?  ::

Read the full article »»»»