Posted: April 25th, 2013 | Author: Buster Cookson | Filed under: Technoid Computer News | Tags: Anonymous, Hack, Hacked, hacker, hacking, LulzSec, Mathew Flannery | Comments Off on UPDATE! Claims LulzSec Leader Arrested In Australia Might Be Dodgey
The self-proclaimed leader of international hacking group Lulz Security has been arrested by AFP – Australian Federal Police – on the New South Wales central coast. The AFP says the 24-year-old man was arrested in the Gosford suburb of Point Clare yesterday.
He has been charged with two counts of unauthorised modification of data to cause impairment and one count of unauthorised access to a restricted computer system. The AFP says he claims to be in charge of Lulz Security, or LulzSec, which has previously claimed responsibility for high-profile hacking attacks, includinga DDS attack that took the CIA website offline, and a hack which caused some serious headaches for Sony Corp.
UPDATE! 24 April 2013: Aush0k has been named as Mathew Flannery – email@example.com – The hacking community is in serious doubt at claims that the man is the leader of the now defunct online activist group LulzSec.
Concerns have also been raised by IT security experts over the Flannery’s employment at Content Security, a business that specialises in online security. The company denied that Flannery had access to any sensitive customer data, in a statement Content Security’s managing director Phil Wurth said ” Flannery was a low level support tech.”
To Date there doesn’t seem to be any evidence at all to suggest that Flannery was even affiliated with LulzSec, or is a leader of the group. Infact the group was disbanded in 2011 because it’s members were arrested.
Flannery seems so far to be all bluster, his Facebook page declares he works for the FBI as a “Special Agent, cybercrime intelligence unit.”
His LinkedIn page has him working for Tenable Network Security – the company denies this emphatically – he also claims to work in Network Security, Penetration Testing and Computer Forensics, though his [confirmed] employer say he works in a Call Centre as low level support.
Perhaps more telling is that the hacktivist community has almost unanimously ditched any notion that Flannery had anything to do with LulzSec :: Read the full article »»»»
Posted: April 11th, 2013 | Author: Buster Cookson | Filed under: News, North Korea, Revolute | Tags: Japan, Missile Launch, North Korea, Pyongyang, South Korea, twitter | Comments Off on NORTH KOREA! Japanese Tweet Missile Launch/South Korea on VITAL THREAT Alert WATCHCON 4
Emergency Service officials in the Japanese city of Yokohama have been left red-faced after mistakenly announcing the launch of a North Korean missile to 40,000 followers on Twitter. The city, south of Tokyo, prematurely fired its tweet just before noon (local time), announcing “North Korea has launched a missile” with blank spaces to indicate the exact time.
South Korean and US forces have raised their alert status to “vital threat” before an expected North Korean missile test, with tensions high in the run-up to a key anniversary. Any launch could coincide with visits by US secretary of state John Kerry and NATO chief Anders Fogh Rasmussen, who will both be in South Korea this Friday.
South Korean foreign minister Yun Byung-Se told parliament the launch could take place “any time” and warned Pyongyang it risked triggering a fresh round of UN sanctions :: Read the full article »»»»
Posted: September 17th, 2012 | Author: Buster Cookson | Filed under: Hard Pill to Swallow, Standout | Tags: Aboriginal, Chief Protector of Aborigines, Coroners Report, Death in Custody, Indigenous Australians, Kwementyaye Briscoe, Moseley Royal Commision, Northern Territory, Royal Commission, Royal Commission Into Aboriginal Deaths In Custody, Standout, Torres Strait Islander | Comments Off on A Shameful History! Australia’s Indigenous Deaths In Custody
In 1987 Australia setup the Royal Commission Into Aboriginal Deaths In Custody – RCIADIC 1987-1991 – The basis for the commision, as it’s title suggests, was in response to a growing public concern that deaths in custody of Aboriginal people were too common and public explanations were too evasive to discount the possibility that foul play was a factor in many of them.
The terms of the commision were broad, a brief outline suggested that between 1980 – 1989, 99 Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders died in the custody of prison, police or juvenile detention institutions. They were 88 males and 11 females. Their average age at death was thirty-two years, Their deaths were premature. The circumstances of their deaths were extremely varied.
There seemed to be no common thread of abuse, neglect or racism that contributed to these 99 deaths. However, an examination of the lives of the victims showed that facts associated in every case with their Aboriginality played a significant and in most cases dominant role in their being in custody and dying in custody. To this day there remains almost a complete lack of understanding, and more importantly no solid prevention regime to curb this vast waste of life.
Last year – April 2011 to April 2012 – 26,000 Indigenous Australians were taken into protective custody in the Northern Territory, and while this latest death is a tragedy, it is much much more than just a heartbreak for one family. It’s an imposing revelation, a sign of huge social problems that all Australians MUST rally against.
I note with trepidation that the 1934-35 Moseley Royal Commision – which looked very briefly at a similarly high proportion of indigenous deaths in custody – had similar findings to that of the 1987 RCIADIC. Of course the Moseley Royal Commision looked into increasing the powers of the Chief Protector of Aborigines, which it indeed did, leaving us with the stolen generation. We must surely be asking ourselves what we’re doing wrong here?
As the Northern Territory Coroner prepares to hand down his findings of the death-in-custody of an Aboriginal man, Kwementyaye Briscoe, in an Alice Springs Police Station, Australians must surely be asking what are we doing wrong? ::
Read the full article »»»»
Posted: August 27th, 2012 | Author: Buster Cookson | Filed under: Favorite New Thought . . . | Tags: Favourite New Thought | Comments Off on FNT! Flight
Favourite New Thought
Favourite New Thought
Posted: July 6th, 2012 | Author: Buster Cookson | Filed under: Hard Pill to Swallow | Tags: Contempt of Court, Lying Under Oath, New South Wales Police, police corruption, Senior Constable David Hill, Senior Constable Ryan Eckersley | Comments Off on Three NSW Police Officers Remain ON Duty Despite Lying Under Oath
It’s clear that Socially Engineered adores a good hypocrisy, even more so when it comes from those laboured with keeping things straight. Three New South Wales police officers remain on duty despite being referred to the corruption watchdog for lying under oath.
Ballina Local Court heard the case of Aboriginal man Corey Barker, who was arrested in the tranquil north coast holiday town last year for allegedly throwing a bottle. The court heard the officers had claimed he became violent, punching Senior Constable David Hill in the face.
At the time of trial, security footage of the melee was unavailable, apparently due to faulty equipment. However, when security footage was repaired, it showed it was police who had assaulted the 23-year-old. Senior Constable Ryan Eckersley kicked Mr Barker in the head and another officer kneed him in the side.
Mr Barker was dragged to a cell where he was left handcuffed for more than an hour with significant injuries.
Yesterday, magistrate David Heilpern found the officers had given “palpably false evidence”. The magistrate referred the matter to the Police Integrity Commission and said three officers could be tried for contempt of court.
Police have confirmed the officers remain on duty.
RELATED: Ex Cop Faces Child Sex Charges
Posted: July 6th, 2012 | Author: Buster Cookson | Filed under: Hard Pill to Swallow, Julian Assange, News, Revolute, WikiLeaks | Tags: Asma al Assad, Asma Assad, Julian Assange, Syrian Emails, WikiLeaks | Comments Off on Wikileaks Latest Round of Releases, Syrian Emails!
WikiLeaks – the behemoth that would be our galactic Yoda – has begun publishing more than 2 million emails from Syrian political figures that it says will shed light on the regime’s crackdown on dissent and embarrass Syria’s opponents. The emails date back to 2006 but also cover the past 16 months, in which thousands have been killed in a bloody crackdown by Syrian president Bashar al-Assad’s forces.
The whistleblowing website says the files will give an insight into how the Assad government operates, and also reveal Western countries and businesses which continue to support Syria. WikiLeaks says the emails came from Syrian ministries including foreign affairs, finance and presidential affairs.
In a statement on the website, Wikileaks says: “Today, Thursday 5 July 2012, WikiLeaks began publishing the Syria Files – more than two million emails from Syrian political figures, ministries and associated companies, dating from August 2006 to March 2012. This extraordinary data set derives from 680 Syria-related entities or domain names, including those of the Ministries of Presidential Affairs, Foreign Affairs, Finance, Information, Transport and Culture. Over the next two months, ground-breaking stories derived from the files will appear in WikiLeaks (global), Al Akhbar (Lebanon), Al Masry Al Youm (Egypt), ARD (Germany), Associated Press (US), L’Espresso (Italy), Owni (France) and Publico.es (Spain). Other publications will announce themselves closer to their publishing date“.
Australian WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange says the material is embarrassing to Syria, as well as to Syria’s opponents. It helps us not merely to criticise one group or another, but to understand their interests, actions and thoughts,” Mr Assange said in a statement. “It is only through understanding this conflict that we can hope to resolve it.” :: Read the full article »»»»