The now former Top Gear star Jeremy Clarkson says he would work on another motoring program after being dropped by the BBC for hitting a producer. He revealed his pain at leaving Top Gear, a hugely successful show which draws more than 250 million viewers around the world, but said he would “pick up the pieces and start again” ::::
The BBC last month announced it was not renewing Clarkson’s contract after 12 years on the show, after the 55-year-old launched an unprovoked attack on producer Oisin Tymon.
“I have lost my baby but I shall create another,” the presenter wrote in his column for the Sunday Times newspaper, where he revealed his shock at losing his job. “I don’t know who the other parent will be or what the baby will look like, but I cannot sit around any more organising my photograph albums.”
Clarkson revealed that two days before the incident he had been told that a lump on his tongue was “probably cancer”.
He has since received the all-clear, but told the newspaper: “It was beyond-belief stressful, everything was going wrong, and then you know… there you go, but everybody has stressful days, and they manage to cope better than I did.”
Clarkson said he had considered giving up television, but decided to “stop being silly, I just know I’m going to do another car show.”
The remaining episodes of the latest Top Gear series were cancelled after Clarkson’s suspension and a string of live auto shows around the world were dropped.
However, the BBC’s commercial arm, BBC Worldwide, has agreed to allow Clarkson and co-presenters Richard Hammond and James May to tour without the BBC and Top Gear labels :: Read the full article »»»»
UPDATED! Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear Presenter Booted by BBC
Clarkson, who has generated both controversy and profits for Britain’s publicly funded broadcaster, was already on a final warning over accusations last year that he had used racist language while filming the show.
UPDATED! March 25, 2015 :: The BBC has announced that it will not be renewing Jeremy Clarkson’s contract, after the Top Gear presenter assaulted a producer.
BBC director-general Tony Hall said in a statement that it was with “great regret” that he made the decision :: Read the full article »»»»
UNRELATED! Renault on Brink of Quitting F1 Over Engine Stoush
The car maker has been at loggerheads with main partners Red Bull since Mercedes decisively ran-away with the season opening Australian Grand Prix earlier this month.
Despite signs of improvement in Friday practice at the Malaysian Grand Prix, Renault Sport F1 managing director Cyril Abiteboul did not pull any punches when asked at a news conference about the situation.
Renault supplies power units to former champions Red Bull and sister team Toro Rosso, its only remaining clients after Caterham folded and Lotus switched to Mercedes :: Read the full article »»»»
image source: wikicommons
The material in this communication is subject to copyright under the Copyright Regulations Act – Commonwealth of Australia – Any copying or communication of this material is subject of copyright protection under the Act.